October 1, 2017
Dear General Seminary Community:
We are writing to you as the Honorary Degree Committee of the General Seminary Board of Trustees.
We are delighted to ask for your assistance in identifying distinguished candidates for the General Theological Seminary degree of Doctor of Divinity honoris causa.
We welcome recommendations that reflect the vast and diverse experience of the Church. Recipients of this honor have historically come from a large range of gifted individuals, including those who have made outstanding contributions in these realms:
- Christian mission,
- theological discourse and scholarship,
- significant leadership in the Episcopal Church and Anglican Communion, as well as leadership in ecumenical mission,
- as distinguished lay persons of diverse ministries,
- as leaders in parish ministry (lay and ordained), and
- as leaders in public, ethical and policy realms.